Install/Replace POD battery
- Remove the packaging to locate the POD 1.
- POD 1 battery requires one CR2032 battery which is included in the packaging.
- Remove the black silicone case in order to retrieve the silver POD 1.
- Locate the battery cover on the rear end. Pinch the edge counterclockwise until the "unlock" icon is selected.
- Firmly insert the CR2032 battery into the battery cover with the positive (+) sign facing towards the cover.
- Place the battery inside the cover instead of the POD 1. Otherwise, you may risk damaging the POD 1 when installing the cover.
- Install the battery cover and make sure the "lock" icon is selected.
- Insert the POD 1 into the silicone cover.
Activate and wear the POD 1
- Shake the POD 1 a few times to activate it.
- The indicator under the COROS logo will light up and remain in red for 2 seconds.
- If the remaining battery is too low, the indicator will flash in red for 2 seconds. Consider replacing the battery immediately.
- Clip the POD 1 onto the middle of the back of your shorts/pants.
- The POD 1 can't be worn on your foot, arm or leg.
- When the POD 1 sits still for 2 minutes, it will enter Sleep mode. To exit Sleep mode, please shake the POD 1 a few times.
- Sleep mode doesn't allow device connection and can't be used for tracking workouts.
Pair and train with the POD 1 from your COROS watch
- On your COROS watch: System → Accessories → Add Bluetooth on APEX 2/APEX 2 Pro/VERTIX 2 and ANT+ on all other watch models.
- Wait for the POD 1 to show up on the pairing list and confirm to add.
- Remember to shake the POD 1 to activate it during the pairing process.
- Advanced running metrics like running power, left/right balance, ground time and more can be viewed on your COROS watch during training.
- Set up data pages on the COROS app → Device page → Workout Data → any running workout mode.
- Enter any running workout mode from the watch menu and a runner icon will show up on the bottom of the page underneath the heart rate and GPS icons.
- Once the runner icon remains solid and no longer flashes, the POD 1 is ready to track your running workouts.
- Once the workout is finished, don't forget to remove the POD 1 from your shorts/pants.
Update POD 1 firmware on the COROS app
- Go to the Device page on the COROS app.
- Tap "Add a new device" and select COROS POD 1.
- Shake the POD 1 until the red light turns on.
- Complete the pairing process once the app finds the POD 1.
- Tap "Firmware Update" to check for new firmware.
- Ensure your COROS watch is on the latest firmware before using the POD 1 with your watch.
- Open the COROS app and select the correct workout history.
- On the detailed workout page, scroll down and view supported advanced data metrics listed below.
- Form Power (outdoor runs only)
- Ground Time
- Left/Right Balance
- Stride Ratio
- Stride Height
- Stride Length
- Running Power is now provided from all COROS watches
- Running Efficiency & Running Power Analysis has been removed
Pair and train with the POD 1 from the COROS app
- On the Device page, tap "Add New Device" and select "COROS POD 1".
- Don't forget to activate the POD 1.
- Wait for the POD 1 to show up on the pairing list and complete the process.
- Update any available firmware update as suggested.
- If you don't have a COROS watch, you can still use the COROS app and the POD 1 to record running workouts.
- Make sure the GPS access is enabled for the COROS app.
- Press "Start" to enter the workout tracking page.
- NOTE: If you have a COROS watch, please pair the POD 1 to the watch and start the workout from the watch to receive all data including elevation, heart rate, and more.