Please follow the steps listed below if you have trouble receiving notifications from your phone during daily or workout tracking. If you are able to receive phone calls, then the Bluetooth connection between your COROS watch and smartphone is active.
COROS app settings
On the Device page, go to Notifications and see if the apps are selected. If you can't find the Notifications setting, tap on the watch image to open a new page with additional settings.
- White dot on the right with red background means enabled.
- White dot on the left with black background means not enabled.
- If the app isn't listed as one of the default apps, you need to enable Other option.
Please go to the system settings on your iPhone and check whether you have allowed Bluetooth and Preview access for the COROS app. These settings are required after the iOS 13 update.
- Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth > COROS > ON.
- Settings > Bluetooth > COROS watch > "i" icon > Share System Notifications > ON.
- Settings > Notifications > Show Previews > Always.
- Settings > Notifications > Scroll down and select "Message" or any affected apps > Scroll down and select Show Previews > Always.
- Settings > Notifications > Scroll down and select "Message" or any affected apps > Alerts > Enable all 3 alert types (Lock Screen, Notification Center, Banners).
If you have enabled Focus Mode with iOS 15, there are a couple of steps that you will need to take to receive notifications.
1. Add the COROS app to the "Allowed Notifications" category within the Focus Mode settings
2. Ensure that within your message settings and under "Lock Screen Appearance", Shows Previews is set to "Always (Default)"
Additionally, you may be able to resolve this bug with a reset of your watch:
There are 2 ways to reset your COROS watch.
- On the watch
- System > More Settings > Reset > Reset All
- On the COROS app when the watch is connected
- Device page > tap on the 6-digit watch ID > scroll down on the new page and tap "Reset"
Watch reset will not affect the data synced to your COROS account in any way. However, the data and personalized settings stored on the watch will be removed as the watch returns to the factory setting.
Watch reset will not clear the Bluetooth connection information stored on your phone. The watch/phone connection should be automatically re-established momentarily after the reset.
Certain hardware/software bugs and issues can be fixed by performing a watch reset.
Android Phone settings
- Allow Notification Access for the COROS app in the phone's system setting.
- The first time you open the COROS app, the app will ask for notification access. Make sure to allow this if you intend to receive notifications on your connected COROS watch.
- Allow Notifications in the COROS app (Device page > Notifications).
- Ensure the notification can be viewed in the phone's notification center. Otherwise, the watch won't be able to receive notifications.
Check if the contact you have trouble receiving notifications from is RCS enabled. If so, please disable RCS features on your phone.
Notifications during workouts
To enable notifications during workouts, please follow the steps below.
- Main watch face > System > Workout Interface > Msg. & Call Alerts > ON.
You can’t expand or manage the notifications during workouts.
NOTE: Receiving notifications may increase the battery consumption on your COROS watch.
PACE watch doesn't support this feature.