Whether you decide to plot a new trail from scratch or add checkpoints to existing routes, we recommend using plotaroute.com, a web-based route planner. The following instructions are based on its free account. COROS is not associated with plotaroute.com and their features may change without notice.
Please visit this blog for details about COROS checkpoint features.
- Create an account on https://www.plotaroute.com/.
- On the home page, select how you want to create a new route.
- After the route is created, click on "DIR'NS".
- Select "ADD" to add new checkpoints to the route.
- A new checkpoint will show up on the route.
- Click and drag it along the route. 
- Then click "ADD DIRECTIONS HERE"  to edit name and other info.
- Repeat previous steps to add more checkpoints.
- Click "MANAGE" to delete unwanted ones.
- If you have a GPX file ready and just need to add checkpoints, select "Upload a Route" from the "Create" menu on the home page and follow the above steps to add checkpoints.
- Once finished editing, click "SAVE" to save this to your account.
- Locate this route from "ROUTES" > "My Routes". Click on the route name to view this route.
- Click "DOWNLOAD" and follow the screenshot below to select the correct settings to ensure that checkpoints are included in the exported GPX file.
- Send the downloaded GPX file to your phone via email, AirDrop or other methods.
- Open it on your phone via the COROS app.
- Save the route to the route library.
- Edit the checkpoint names or delete unwanted checkpoints.
- Sync the route to your watch and it's ready for your next outdoor workout.
Please visit this blog if you need help with route navigation features on COROS watches.