Checkpoint features require route navigation support from your COROS watch. Visit this link if you need help with COROS route navigation.
Models that support checkpoint features:
- COROS APEX 42mm/46mm
- COROS APEX Pro
- COROS VERTIX
COROS PACE/PACE 2 doesn't support route navigation or checkpoint features.
Checkpoint features allow users to record current location during outdoor workouts or navigate with checkpoint-enabled GPS tracks on COROS watches.
Before and during workouts
Outdoor workouts without route navigation
Your COROS watch records a real-time GPS route which can be viewed during any outdoor workouts.
- Simply go to Toolbox menu from any data page and select Map to view the route you have travelled.
- In order to mark the current position on the route, select Save Location from Toolbox menu and press to confirm after the GPS coordinates show up.
- A new checkpoint will show up on the GPS route within Map.
- This is very useful if you need to record locations to the GPS route for the remaining workout or future use.
Outdoor workouts with route navigation
Your COROS watch can record checkpoints during route navigation.
- Go to Toolbox menu from any data page and select Save Location to create a checkpoint of your position and add it to the current route.
- Added checkpoints remain in this workout even if you end the current navigation or start navigating a new route.
Outdoor workouts with route navigation using checkpoint-enabled GPX files
GPX files with checkpoints can be imported and viewed on the COROS app and used with your COROS watch.
- After saving the GPX file to the COROS app, you can easily view the segment details between each checkpoint, edit the name and delete unwanted checkpoints.
- During the route navigation, a dedicated checkpoint page will show up and display the name of the next checkpoint as well as the remaining distance & elevation to the next checkpoint.
- These checkpoints will be marked in orange on the breadcrumb route and elevation profile pages.
- New checkpoints of your current location can be added manually to the route via the Toolbox > Save Location function and they will be marked in green compared to the orange ones from the GPX file.
Post workout and data sync
- Once the workout is finished and data is synced to the COROS app, checkpoints can be viewed on the workout details page.
- Saving this GPS route to the Route Library on the app enables you to edit the checkpoint names or delete unwanted checkpoints.
- You can also export and share this checkpoint-enabled GPS route file via GPX format.