Raised wrist and button operations will activate the backlight for 10 seconds. The brightness of the backlight should be enough for darker environments or indoor use. Unfortunately, you can’t change the brightness level of the backlight.Backlight is one of the main battery killers. In order to extend the battery performance, please watch for the backlight use.
- Main watch face > System > More Settings > Gesture Backlight > OFF.
Due to the nature of the LCD screen used on COROS watches, the visibility is the best when used in outdoor environments under direct sunlight. The stronger the sunlight is, the better the screen visibility is. Below are solutions to enhance the visibility during workouts.
- Turn on White Background feature on the watch.
- Main watch face > System > Workout Interface > Background Color > White.
- Select Large in the font size option on the watch.
- Main watch face > System > Workout Interface > Font Size > Large.
- This option is not available on the COROS PACE 3, APEX 2, APEX 2 Pro, VERTIX 2.
- Reduce the number of data metrics on the workout data page by changing the frame on the COROS app.
- COROS app > Device page > Workout Data > select workout mode > select a data page > select the desired frame.
- Turn on Night Mode on COROS PACE 2/PACE 3/APEX Pro/APEX 2/APEX 2 Pro/VERTIX/VERTIX 2 for low brightness level always-on backlight. Once activated, the mode will last till the next sunrise.
- Main watch face > Toolbox/shortcut menu > Night Mode > ON.
COROS APEX/APEX Pro/APEX 2/APEX 2 Pro/VERTIX/VERTIX 2 models are equipped with more durable and scratch-resistant sapphire glass. Due to the nature of the sapphire material, the visibility is slightly affected compared with other less durable screen materials.
VERTIX may have a slightly dimmer screen than the other COROS models due to the diamond-like coating on the screen that provides outstanding durability and scratch resistance.
If the font size on your watch looks similar to the photo below, this isn't normal and we have a way to fix this.
This is usually caused by incomplete or interrupted firmware update on your watch. Please open the COROS app and make sure the watch is connected within the app. On the Device page, the app will ask if you would like to fix the firmware on the watch. Complete the firmware repair to solve this font issue.