Auto Lock mode prevents any button mis-operation that may affect your daily and workout usage. When locked, you can't open a menu or start/pause a workout using the buttons.
The COROS PACE 2/PACE 3/APEX/APEX Pro/APEX 2/APEX 2 Pro/VERTIX/VERTIX 2 uses Scroll to Unlock as the default setting after a watch reset. On the main watch face or during workouts, scroll the dial in one direction until the meter bar on the right-hand side is full.
If you have trouble with watch operation, follow the instructions below to change the Auto Lock setting on your watch.
- Main watch face → System → More Settings → Auto Lock → Standby Mode | Workout Mode → choose among Scroll to Unlock | Hold to Unlock | OFF
- How to unlock Hold to Unlock mode
- Press and hold the Digital Dial or the BACK/LAP button to unlock the display
- How to unlock Scroll to Unlock mode
- Scroll the Digital Dial in any direction until the meter bar reaches top.
Once Auto Lock setting is enabled, the watch will be locked if:
- Display is idle for 2 minutes in Standby mode
- Display is idle for 10 seconds in Workout mode
If your watch isn't in Auto Lock mode and you have trouble confirming or scrolling through menu items, it is possible that dirt is stuck inside the button component. Please clean the button with running water. Slowly pressing and scrolling the button several times during the rinse will also help.
If the watch doesn’t power on and the screen is black even with charging, please follow the steps below to restart the watch.
- Charge the watch for over 2 hours even if the screen doesn’t turn on.
- Remove the charging cable from the watch (this step is very important).
- Press and hold the Power button for over 15 seconds or until the COROS logo shows up.
- Power button location
- COROS PACE - lower left button (CONFIRM button)
- COROS PACE 2 - lower button (BACK button)
- COROS PACE 3 - lower button (BACK button)
- COROS APEX - top button (Digital Dial)
- COROS APEX Pro - top button (LIGHT button)
- COROS APEX 2 - top button (LIGHT button)
- COROS APEX 2 Pro - top button (LIGHT button)
- COROS VERTIX - middle button (Digital Dial)
- COROS VERTIX 2 - top button (LIGHT button)
- Power button location
- Please don’t press both buttons on your COROS watch at the same time. Otherwise the COROS watch will enter Inactive mode and will not respond to normal operation or charging. If you accidentally do so and the watch enters Inactive mode, please follow the steps above to return the watch to normal operation.
- Please power off the watch if you plan to stop using it - main watch face → System → More Settings → Turn Off.
If the button is still unresponsive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information.
- A short video showing the issue
- Watch order receipt
- Current shipping address
- Watch color/size/model info
- Serial number or 6-digit watch id