COROS watches are equipped with standalone GPS modules to acquire the GPS signal individually. You don't need to carry your phone during training for the watch to connect to GPS. Connecting to GPS on your COROS watch for the first time or traveled over 200 miles since your last GPS connection may take up to several minutes. The subsequent GPS connection should take less than 30 seconds on average.
Please follow the steps listed below to ensure a fast GPS connection on your COROS watch.
- Update the GPS Satellite Data on the COROS app on a regular basis.
- COROS app > Device Page > tap on GPS Satellite Data.
- GPS Satellite Data is valid between 3 to 7 days on your COROS watch depending on the watch model. Expired data may cause GPS connection issues.
- Stand still in an open field away from buildings.
- Remain still before GPS is fully acquired.
If you have trouble updating the GPS Satellite Data on the COROS app and receive an error message "AGPS verification failed", please follow the step listed below.
- Disable any connected VPN.
- Switch the network on your phone (celluar/WiFi).
- Please change the settings on your iPhone.
- Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
If none of the above steps works, please restart and reset your COROS watch. Make sure to sync the watch with the COROS app prior to following the steps below.
- Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to restart the watch.
- System > More Settings > Reset > Reset All
- Reset will not delete data saved on your COROS app/account.