COROS watches are equipped with standalone GPS modules to acquire the GPS signal individually. You don't need to carry your phone during training for the watch to connect to GPS. Connecting to GPS on your COROS watch for the first time or traveling over 200 miles since your last GPS connection may cause the connection to take up to several minutes. The subsequent GPS connection should take less than 20 seconds on average.
Without updated GPS satellite data, the GPS acquisition time on your watch may take substantially longer than usual. Please refrain from moving or starting a workout before your COROS watch fully acquires the GPS signal. Try to stand in an open area away from tall buildings. Once the watch is connected to the GPS, the satellite data will be valid for 4 hours on your watch.
If you have trouble updating the GPS Satellite Data on the COROS app and receive an error message "AGPS verification failed", please follow the step listed below.
- Disable any connected VPN.
- Switch the network on your phone (celluar/WiFi).
- Please change the settings on your iPhone.
- Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
If none of the above steps works, please restart and reset your COROS watch. Make sure to sync the watch with the COROS app prior to following the steps below.
- Press and hold the Power button for 15 seconds to restart the watch.
- System > More Settings > Reset > Reset All
- Reset will not delete data saved on your COROS app/account.
Need more help?
If you are still experiencing GPS issues after trying these steps, please submit feedback on the COROS app → Profile page → Contact Support → write down details about the issue and “Submit”.