All COROS watches support 24/7 sleep tracking with the latest firmware update. The below steps show how our algorithms work.
- Set up the sleep start time on the COROS app as close to when you actually fall asleep as possible.
- COROS app > Profile page > Profile Setting > Sleep Tracking > Start Time.
- Wear the watch properly on your wrist so that the HR sensor can detect your heart rate to monitor your sleep status. The sleep tracking will be affected if the watch is loosely worn or your arm has frequent movements.
- The watch will start checking if you are asleep one hour before the sleep start time. If you fall asleep 30 minutes prior to the sleep start time, the sleep tracking will start 30 minutes before.
- Your COROS watch will continue tracking your sleep even if you take bathroom breaks within the first 6 hours from the time when the watch detects that you are asleep.
- Your watch will stop tracking the sleep after the 6-hour mark once you are awake. It won't resume tracking your sleep even if you fall back to sleep later.
- For instance, your sleep start time is set at 11 pm but you don't sleep until 1 am. When you wake up at 6 am and go back to sleep after 5 minutes, the watch will continue tracking your sleep.
- If you fall asleep at 1 am but wake up at 8 am, the watch will stop tracking your sleep even if you go back to sleep after 5 minutes.