You will need a smartphone running on the iOS or Android system (Android 5.0 or above) and the COROS app to set up and use your COROS watch. Please follow the steps below to connect the COROS watch with your smartphone.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your phone.
- Download and install the COROS app from iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- Android users can download the apk file directly via the link below to install the COROS app.
- Open the COROS app and log into your COROS account.
- Go to the Device page from the bottom bar , tap on “Add New Device” and select the correct watch model.
- Use the COROS app to scan the QR code on your COROS watch. If you no longer have the QR code page on your watch, here’s how to bring it back on – main watch face > System > Pair Phone.
- If you don’t wish to scan the QR code, you can also tap on “Pair COROS Watch Manually” and select the correct watch on the list.
- Accept the Bluetooth pairing request on your phone and grant necessary access to your COROS watch. Otherwise certain features may not work including notifications and pairing.
- Complete the system setup including wearing hand, digital dial location, notifications preference and others on the COROS app.
- Update the firmware on your COROS watch if needed.
Disconnect your COROS watch
- Open the COROS app and go to the Device page.
- Tap on the watch image and scroll down to select Remove.
- Remove your watch from the COROS app will not delete the data saved to your COROS account.
- Open Bluetooth settings page on your phone and forget/delete your COROS watch.
Pair your COROS watch with a new phone or COROS account
- Disconnect your COROS watch from the old phone or COROS account properly.
- Log into your COROS account on the new phone.
- Follow the pairing process listed above.
TroubleshootIf you can’t connect the watch with the COROS app or have notification issues on the watch, please follow the steps below to fix the Bluetooth connection.
- On the Device page from the COROS app, tap on the watch image and locate the “Remove” option down below. Tap on it to remove the device from the COROS app.
- On your smartphone’s Bluetooth setting page, forget/delete the watch.
- Restart both the phone and the watch.
- Follow the pairing process listed above to connect the watch.
Alternatively, you can also try performing a hard restart on your watch. Press and hold the Power button for at least 15 seconds, or until you see the COROS logo.
Please go to the system settings on your iPhone and check if you have disabled Bluetooth access for the COROS app.
- On your iPhone > Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth > COROS > ON.
- On your iPhone > Settings > Bluetooth > COROS watch > "i" > Share System Notifications > ON.
Android OS issues:
Unfortunately, there is a known occurrence with Android 10 and 11 users on Bluetooth connection issues, including failure to reconnect after disconnection. COROS has made no changes to the COROS app and products in terms of Bluetooth connectivity. After testing and investigation, we have concluded that the Bluetooth connection issue was caused by the Android 10 and 11 Bluetooth compatibility affecting all device types with BLE connection.
It is unfortunate that as the manufacturer of Bluetooth devices, COROS has limited solutions to fix this unless Android releases new updates to Android 10 and 11 users to improve the Bluetooth compatibility. Android is known to release major updates without fully testing the compatibility with all devices. Good news is that Android may release a new update soon.
Although this isn’t an issue with the watch itself, here are some solutions to help in the meantime. Please make sure to update the Android system version once new updates are available. The COROS engineering team is also in contact with the Android team for this matter. You can also try the following steps to see if they fix the issue temporarily. It’s not guaranteed but this is the best we can do for now.
- Remove the watch on the COROS app.
- Restart the phone.
- Enter airplane mode on your phone.
- Enable GPS/Location services.
- Wait for 30 seconds and exit airplane mode.
- Pair the watch on the COROS app via “Pair COROS Watch Manually” instead of scanning the QR code.
NOTE: Bluetooth headsets use Bluetooth 2.0 (Classic Bluetooth) and smart wearables generally use Bluetooth 4.0/5.0 (BLE). These two protocols and systems are different.