COROS watches have the ability to support FTMS (Fitness Machine Service, which is an industrial standard Bluetooth protocol). Currently, most indoor bike trainers support this protocol.
FTMS allows COROS watches to recognize the device as a smart trainer, and will be able to receive metrics like power, speed, cadence and distance as long as all these metrics are transmitted in standard protocols.
Currently, once the COROS watch is connected with a smart trainer, it will be able to connect with an independent power meter. Both speed and distance recorded are virtual.
To use your Indoor Bike Trainer:
- Power up the smart trainer;
- Add smart trainer on COROS watch
- Go to System
- Add Bluetooth
- Wait until the smart trainer shows up in the list
- Add the smart trainer
- Go back to the Homepage
- Start an indoor cycling session
- During a ride you can view power, virtual speed, distance and cadence (if supported, some smart trainers do not support cadence data).