Add a new device
- Tap on “Add New Device” and scan the QR code on the watch or packaging to connect.
- You can also tap on “Pair via Bluetooth” without scanning the QR code.
- Read the instructions, customize the settings and complete the pairing process.
- The device will then be added to the Profile page with additional settings and options available for setup.
Manage an existing device
You can customize various settings and options on your COROS device from the Profile page.
The 6-digit device ID is listed below the device name after tapping on the watch icon.
Tap on the device image to open a page with settings.
Select a watch face to download onto the watch. (Explore and select available watch face options)
Activity Data Screens
You can modify data pages for each workout mode except the Triathlon, Multisport and Ski Touring modes. These modes use the current settings of the respective workout modes.
COROS watches can display up to 6 different data pages during workouts. Tap onto the data pages to select from 5 layouts and over 40 data fields. (Customize Workout Data Pages)
You can customize your activity menu, daily data, and toolbox options.
Daily Data customization is available for APEX 2, APEX 2 Pro, and VERTIX 2 only.
View or delete Run, Bike, Swim, or Strength workout programs that have been synced to your watch.
View or delete routes that have been synced to your watch.
Select Find Device when your watch is within Bluetooth range if your COROS watch has been misplaced. An alert sound will be triggered for approximately three minutes. Press the dial to exit the alert.
You may update your watch and check to see that your watch is running the latest firmware.
Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb mode allows you to mute all push notification alerts on your COROS watch. However, you can still receive and view new notifications in the Notification widget from the main watch face. If you wish to disable notifications at all, please disconnect the Bluetooth connection on your phone or modify the notification settings on the COROS app.
During DND period, your COROS watch automatically enters DND mode.
Toggle on and off notifications that you wish to receive on your COROS watch.
View your Device Name, Device ID, and warranty period.
You can reset your COROS watch on the COROS app to the factory default settings. Workout and activity data synced to your COROS account will not be affected by the reset.
You can also reset on the watch: main watch menu > System > More Settings > Reset.
Follow the steps below to remove your COROS device from the COROS app.
- Remove the device on the COROS app.
- Go to the Bluetooth setting page on your phone and delete/forget the device.
Remove the watch from the app if you have Bluetooth connection issues or want others to use your watch.
Training Plan Library
You can view workout stats, running Personal Best and medals on this page. Tap on the Personal Best to view the details of that workout.
Send feedback with your COROS account email should you need help with your watch, features or data. This allows the support team to access your past data and system logs of your device for troubleshooting and diagnostic purposes. (How To Receive Help from COROS Support)
You can manage additional app settings on this page.
Tap here to access and edit your profile including username, weight, gender, height, birth date, country.
Heart Rate Zone
- Tap here to access and edit your heart rate zones and zone type.
- Tap here to access and edit your pace zones.
- Tap on the current kcal number to edit your active calories.
- Tap on the sleep time to edit your sleep time.
- Select the unit to be displayed on the COROS app as imperial or metric. This setting doesn’t affect or update the unit setting on your watch.
- Account Management
3rd Party Apps
- Connect your COROS account with 3rd party apps and enjoy seamless data integration to popular training platforms like Strava and TrainingPeaks.
- Workouts saved on your COROS account prior to the account link won’t be synced to 3rd party apps. Please manually export them from the COROS app and upload to 3rd party apps.
- Visit this blog to learn how to sync with 3rd party apps like Strava and TrainingPeaks.
- Change Server
- Log out of the COROS app.